Accession Number : AD0682009

Title :   PREVENTION AND CONTROL OF CULVERT AND ROAD ICING. AN ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY,

Corporate Author : ARMY TERRESTRIAL SCIENCES CENTER HANOVER N H

Personal Author(s) : Carey,Kevin L.

Report Date : JUL 1968

Pagination or Media Count : 69

Abstract : The bibliography contains 86 entries, for which annotations are given for all but one. These entries were selected from references collected during a literature survey which formed a part of the cooperative study on the prevention and control of culvert and road icings. The objective of the literature survey was to obtain information on all aspects of icing phenomena: causes of occurrence of river, spring, and seepage icing; problems created by icings in connection with roads, railroads, airfields, and their drainage facilities; and methods, both active and passive, of combatting icings and associated problems. Of the total number of references collected, about 85% deal wholly or in part with icing, while the remaining 15% cover subjects which are pertinent to the study of icing such as permafrost, hydrology, and ice-control techniques.

Descriptors :   (*ROADS, ICE PREVENTION), (*ICE PREVENTION, BIBLIOGRAPHIES), PERMAFROST, ARCTIC REGIONS, STRUCTURES, RAILROADS, HYDROLOGY, ABSTRACTS

Subject Categories : Snow, Ice and Permafrost
      Civil Engineering

Distribution Statement : APPROVED FOR PUBLIC RELEASE