Accession Number : ADA330528

Title :   Energy Analysis for Fort McNair, Marshall Hall.

Corporate Author : ENTECH ENGINEERING INC READING PA

PDF Url : ADA330528

Report Date : AUG 1995

Pagination or Media Count : 17

Abstract : Marshall Hall was selected by the US Army Corps of Engineers to participate in the Energy Efficiency Analysis Program. The objective of this program is to assist military installations in identifying energy usage and cost saving projects at their facilities and possibly provide funding for projects. Entech Engineering, Inc. was selected to perform this study. Ft. McNair spent $444,600 on energy for Marshall Hall, $1.83 per square foot, during fiscal year 1993. Of this amount, electricity comprised 78% of the cost while the remaining 22% was from natural gas. Entech has identified the following areas as having the greatest cost savings potential: Lighting Boiler Operation Cooling System Operation Energy Management System Operation Kitchen Equipment A total of twenty-seven (27) Energy Conservation Opportunities (ECOs) were developed and evaluated. ECOs describe the means to reduce energy consumption and operating cost. Of the twenty-seven (27) ECOs, fourteen (14) have been developed as economically feasible. The remaining thirteen (13) investigated did not prove to be economically attractive. The economic feasibility of a recommended ECO is measured by the simple payback period and savings to investment ration (SIR). Entech and the EEAP Program recommend that ECOs with a simple payback period of under ten (10) years and SIR greater than one (1.0) should be further considered for implementation. ECOs with payback periods of under four (4) years should be considered for more immediate implementation.

Descriptors :   *MILITARY FACILITIES, *ENERGY CONSERVATION, *ENERGY CONSUMPTION, *ENERGY MANAGEMENT, FEASIBILITY STUDIES, ELECTRICITY, DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, NATURAL GAS.

Subject Categories : Non-electrical Energy Conversion
      Logistics, Military Facilities and Supplies

Distribution Statement : APPROVED FOR PUBLIC RELEASE